About DFH Public Affairs
DFH Public Affairs is a focused team of seasoned professionals who work closely with our clients to address significant business priorities, challenges and opportunities. We work with clients in a number of sectors, including: mining, energy, agriculture and food, healthcare, telecom, manufacturing, private equity, and more.
From the development of public affairs and communications strategy through tactical implementation, we focus on delivering results and adding value.
Our mission is to provide our clients the service and dedication of a boutique firm, with the capabilities and reach of a global consulting practice.
We serve clients across Canada and around the world from our offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of affiliate firm relationships.
We have worked in senior corporate public affairs and corporate communications roles in large public companies. We are business people first, and we help our clients add value to their business through substantive and strategic public affairs and communications.
The DFH Difference:
- We’re more than consultants. We have in-house experience leading communications and public affairs at major, international corporations, working alongside CEOs and senior executives.
- We work as an extension of our client’s team, supporting them in the pursuit of their business objectives.
- We deal with significant, bottom-line business issues. These include international public policy and regulatory issues, corporate mergers, acquisitions, proxy contests, restructurings and major investments, project development and approvals, crisis and issues management, stakeholder issues resolution, labour negotiations, and corporate brand positioning.
- We have direct experience working in government and in the news media.
- We understand the nuts-and-bolts of our craft, from structuring public affairs and communications functions and programs, to implementing those plans with excellence.
We are more than consultants. We add value to business.
DFH Public Affairs was formed in 2007. The principals first worked together at an international consultancy in the mid-1990s before moving to the corporate world and individually assuming senior public affairs and communications roles at significant publicly-traded Canadian companies.
In founding DFH, the principals made the decision to combine their respective experience to provide senior-level public affairs and communications counsel to Canadian and international clients.
Please note: as a matter of policy, we do not publish client lists.
DFH is proud to support through donation and the volunteer efforts of DFH Founder and Principal Ian Hamilton, the Burlington Special Olympics’ curling team, The Hammers.
DFH is proud to support Project Autism, a 100% volunteer run grassroots initiative focused on children. Project Autism is made up of families, friends and supporters dedicated to increasing public awareness, acceptance and understanding through education, advocacy and support.